Friday, July 5, 2024

Missy Elliott Opens Up About Tour Delay Due to Beloved Dog's Health and Her Health Journey


 Missy Elliott, the American rapper, recently shared that she postponed going on tour in the past to care for her elderly dog at home.

The 53-year-old artist, set to embark on her first tour in five years called Out of This World: The Missy Elliott Experience Tour with Ciara and Busta Rhymes, revealed to People that she prioritized staying home with her senior dog, Hoodie, who lived to the age of 17.

"I stayed home a lot because I didn't want to go out on the road, and something happened. He was 17 and lived a long, happy life," Elliott said.

Describing Hoodie as "so pretty" and noting his longevity, she reflected on his passing in November. "So I said, 'Okay, now I can leave the house without having to worry about anything. So Ciara and my dog played a big influence in me making the decision to go out,'" she shared.

In an Instagram post mourning Hoodie's death last year, Elliott expressed deep affection for her pet. "17 and half years old you been with me & And anyone know us it's always been me & you," she wrote. "I will miss you sooo much."

Elliott, who will bring her six-year-old dog, Miss Fendi Dior, on tour, also discussed her health journey. Diagnosed with Graves' disease, she mentioned that managing her health alongside a busy schedule had been challenging. "Every day I wake, I'm blessed to be here and in good health," she told People. Reflecting on her current condition, she added, "I'm feeling so much better. That was a run."

No comments:

Post a Comment