During the Green Bay Packers' 16-10 victory over the Indianapolis Colts, quarterback Malik Willis made an unexpected decision to run the ball after discovering something unusual on the football. The play occurred on third and 10, initially planned as a passing play, but Willis opted to run instead due to the condition of the ball.
After the game, Green Bay head coach Matt LaFleur explained the incident. "I asked Malik why he didn’t throw the ball, and he told me that [Packers center] Josh [Myers] threw up on it. I’ve never heard that before," LaFleur said. "The official even asked me if we should take Josh out next time, and I said, 'Absolutely!' It was a critical moment, and Malik probably didn’t want to throw a ball covered in vomit."
Josh Myers, the Packers' center, had apparently vomited near the ball right before the snap. Despite the situation, Myers remained in the game and contributed to a strong offensive performance that saw the Packers’ rushing attack gain 261 yards with zero sacks allowed.
Myers later commented on the incident, noting that it didn’t impact his performance. "I’ve got to do my job, whether I’m throwing up or not," Myers said. He admitted that he had also vomited during the Packers’ season opener, possibly due to overhydration from the 85°F (29°C) heat.
Despite the odd circumstances, the Packers secured their first win of the season against the Colts, with Willis adapting quickly to the unexpected play.
We left it all out there today pic.twitter.com/F54kRdBNWC
— Green Bay Packers (@packers) September 15, 2024
No comments:
Post a Comment