Thursday, November 21, 2024

Miss Universe Runner-Up Chidimma Adetshina Announces Exit from Pageantry

 

Chidimma Adetshina, the Miss Universe 1st runner-up, has revealed her decision to retire from pageantry, describing her experience in the industry as emotionally taxing. In a recent interview with Silverbird TV, Adetshina opened up about her struggles and plans to relocate to Nigeria from South Africa, her estranged country of residence.

“Finishing in the top 2 [at the Miss Universe competition] is still a shocker for me,” Adetshina said. “Honestly, I am done. Pageantry was a real traumatic experience for me.”

Adetshina cited personal reasons for her decision to step away, emphasizing her desire to focus on self-discovery and personal development.

“People still don’t understand how I felt. There were times when I almost quit during the Miss Universe contest,” she shared. “I want to focus on myself, establish who I am, and forward my education as well.”

Despite her decision to leave the industry, Adetshina’s pageantry journey has been marked by remarkable achievements. After being crowned Miss Nigeria, she went on to earn the title of Miss Universe Africa and Oceania during the Miss Universe competition.

Her path, however, has not been without controversy. Adetshina withdrew from the Miss South Africa contest amid scrutiny over her nationality, ultimately choosing to represent Nigeria on the global stage.

As she closes this chapter of her life, Adetshina plans to return to Nigeria to chart a new path beyond pageantry. Her focus now lies on personal growth and advancing her education, leaving behind a legacy as a trailblazer in the beauty pageant world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Epstein Documents Reveal Brother Believed Trump Authorized Jeffrey Epstein’s Death

Documents connected to the federal investigation into convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein are being released in stages by the Department...