Wednesday, December 4, 2024

VIDEO: Pastor Bolaji Idowu Addresses Allegations of N1.5 Billion Fraud Following Police Investigation

 

Pastor Bolaji Idowu, the Lead Pastor of Harvesters International Christian Center (HICC), has publicly responded to allegations linking him to a N1.5 billion fraud. The pastor was recently invited for questioning by the Nigeria Police Force Criminal Investigation Department (FCID) in Abuja after one of his associates reportedly defrauded several individuals through a real estate scheme.

The fraud case came to light after funds from the scheme were allegedly traced to HICC's accounts and subsequently to Pastor Idowu's personal account. Following his interrogation by the police, Pastor Idowu was released, prompting him to address the controversy during a church service.

Speaking to his congregation, Pastor Idowu firmly denied any involvement in fraudulent activities or real estate dealings.

“In the last 24 hours, there has been a lot of news about me on social media,” he said. “I want to clarify a few things. First, I do not own any properties in Nigeria, apart from what my late parents left for me. Secondly, I am not involved in the buying or selling of properties.”

He also refuted claims of receiving large sums of money into his accounts. “Someone alleged that I received billions into my account. My accounts are public, and anyone can verify them. I have never received such amounts because I am not involved in such transactions,” Pastor Idowu emphasized.

The allegations have sparked widespread discussion on social media, with many calling for transparency in the management of church funds. While some have rallied in support of Pastor Idowu, others have urged authorities to conduct a thorough investigation to uncover the truth.

The Nigeria Police Force is yet to release a statement on the progress of their investigation. Pastor Idowu, meanwhile, has reiterated his commitment to maintaining transparency and upholding the trust of his congregation.

As the investigation unfolds, the case highlights broader concerns about financial accountability within religious institutions in Nigeria.

VIDEO:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Epstein Documents Reveal Brother Believed Trump Authorized Jeffrey Epstein’s Death

Documents connected to the federal investigation into convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein are being released in stages by the Department...