Ellen DeGeneres is making a bold comeback, tackling the controversy that led to her exit from Hollywood in her upcoming Netflix stand-up special, For Your Approval. The special marks her first major return to comedy since The Ellen DeGeneres Show ended in 2022 after facing accusations of fostering a toxic workplace environment.
In the first trailer, released on Wednesday, Ellen humorously reflects on her famous catchphrase, "Be Kind to One Another," joking that it should have been, "Go F*** Yourselves," so people would have been pleasantly surprised by her actual kindness. The comedian also opens up about her struggle with confidence and her desire to please everyone, saying, "I thought if I could make people happy, they’ll like me. And if they like me, I’ll feel good about myself. And all I can say is, thank god for the money!"
For Your Approval will be Ellen’s final stand-up special, offering a personal and candid look at her career, her fall from favor, and how she coped with being "kicked out of show business." Despite the challenges, her new material signals that she’s no longer seeking public approval.
Since stepping away from the limelight, Ellen has focused on her home life with her wife, Portia de Rossi. She resumed touring this summer and revealed to an audience in Santa Rosa, California, that once this special concludes, she’s "done" with comedy for good.
For Your Approval is set to be released on Netflix soon, with fans anticipating Ellen’s reflective yet humorous take on her experiences.
No comments:
Post a Comment