Wednesday, October 16, 2024

British Influencer Dies After Falling from Spain's Tallest Bridge

 

Lewis Stevenson, a 26-year-old British influencer, tragically fell to his death while attempting to climb the Castilla-La Mancha bridge in Talavera de la Reina, Spain, on Sunday, October 13. The bridge, which stands at 630 feet, is the tallest in the country.

Before losing consciousness and falling, Lewis's last words were reportedly, "Give me a minute." According to his friend Savannah, who spoke to MailOnline, Lewis may have passed out during the climb. She recounted that he expressed feeling unwell and suggested they descend the bridge. "Lewis said, 'Give me a minute,' and that’s when he lost consciousness and slipped," she said.

Savannah Parker, Lewis’s partner of nearly a decade, shared that they last spoke around 11:30 PM, with Lewis saying, "Good night, I love you," before embarking on the climb with another friend. She described how Lewis had engaged in daredevil stunts for at least five years, noting, "As much as it worries me, I don’t look into things because I worry enough as it is. I just let him do his thing, and generally, he just comes back. This weekend he didn’t."

Lewis’s grandfather, Clifford Stevenson, revealed that the family had tried to dissuade him from this latest stunt, saying, "We all tried to talk him out of it. We were always trying to talk him out of doing things, but that was the way he was. He loved doing it, always believing he’d be alright."

Tributes have poured in from friends and fellow adventurers. One friend, who goes by the handle Louie_W1, expressed his grief on Instagram, writing, "Knowing you has been one of the greatest privileges of my life. And losing you is the greatest sadness of my life." He described Lewis as "the bravest, most caring and funny person I’ve ever known."

Another friend, known as Vil1iany, added, "You’ve been a prominent figure to me for a while, and your fearless mentality will stick with me for the rest of my life. It was a pleasure to be considered one of your friends."

The loss of Lewis Stevenson serves as a poignant reminder of the risks associated with extreme stunts and the heartache that follows such tragedies.

No comments:

Post a Comment