Nigerian music star Davido has lauded the democratic process in the United States, describing it as a model of true democracy in contrast to the system practiced in Nigeria.
In a recent interview on The Morning Hustle show, the 32-year-old singer shared his experience participating in the recent U.S. presidential election. Holding dual citizenship in the U.S. and Nigeria, Davido revealed he cast his vote for Democratic candidate Kamala Harris, expressing his desire to witness America elect its first female president in his lifetime.
Despite the victory of Donald Trump in the election, Davido commended the fairness and efficiency of the U.S. electoral system.
“What I like about America is that there is true democracy,” he remarked. “Where I come from [Nigeria], it’s not so. The truth is people voted for him. I voted for Kamala. People voted, so whatever happens, happens.”
Davido’s comments reflect a broader conversation about the differences in electoral processes and governance between the two nations, highlighting the challenges faced by Nigeria in achieving transparent and credible elections.
Known for his outspoken nature, Davido often uses his platform to address social and political issues, both in Nigeria and abroad.

No comments:
Post a Comment