Friday, June 14, 2024

Activist Harrison Gwamnishu Raises Alarm Over Alleged Police Threat


 Activist Harrison Gwamnishu has raised concerns about alleged plans by dissatisfied police officers to target him.

In a message posted on social media platform X, Harrison revealed that his photo had been circulated in a police WhatsApp group where he was labeled as an adversary of the police.

"Dear @Princemoye1 @PoliceNG, I woke up this morning to numerous calls from police officers advising me to be cautious. I was puzzled until I received this message.


"My picture and name were shared in a police WhatsApp group, branding me as an enemy of the police. They instructed that if I am spotted near their station, I should be treated as a threat.

"My safety is at risk."

In response to his post, SP Bright Edafe, the spokesperson of the Delta State Police Command, urged Harrison to disregard the WhatsApp group message and assured him that the police are conducting an investigation.


No comments:

Post a Comment