Hip-hop producer Pharrell Williams has criticized American celebrities for making public political endorsements ahead of the upcoming presidential election. In a recent interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Williams shared his frustration, stating that he remains apolitical and finds it irritating when fellow celebrities try to influence public voting decisions.
"I don’t do politics. In fact, I get annoyed sometimes when I see celebrities trying to tell you [who to vote for]," Williams explained.
He further expressed that many celebrity endorsements for political candidates were unsolicited, adding, "There are celebrities that I respect who have an opinion, but not all of them. I’m one of those people who says, ‘What the heck? Shut up. Nobody asked you.'"
In contrast, numerous celebrities such as Taylor Swift, Megan Thee Stallion, and Billie Eilish have publicly backed Vice President Kamala Harris in the race. Meanwhile, former President Donald Trump has also garnered support from figures like Elon Musk and Blac Chyna.

No comments:
Post a Comment