Actress Nicole Kidman has shared her candid thoughts on the intense intimacy scenes in her upcoming erotic thriller Babygirl. In a recent interview, the 57-year-old award-winning actress revealed that the physical and emotional demands of filming became overwhelming at times.
“There were moments during shooting where I just thought, ‘I don’t want to experience any more of this,’” Kidman told The Sun on Tuesday, October 22. “I didn’t want anyone near me. I hated it. I even thought, ‘I don’t care if I’m never touched again in my life!’”
In the R-rated film, Kidman plays a high-powered CEO who embarks on a steamy affair with a younger man, portrayed by actor Harrison Dickinson, while her on-screen husband is played by Antonio Banderas. Kidman admitted that the intensity of the sex scenes nearly led to burnout. She described being “so present all the time” during filming, which often pushed her beyond her limits.
“There was a lot of trust and sharing between us, but also frustration,” she said, reflecting on her dynamic with co-stars Dickinson, 28, and Banderas, 64.
Despite the challenges, Kidman emphasized the “enormous care” the trio took in telling the story with respect. They worked closely with an intimacy coordinator to ensure everyone felt comfortable, but Kidman stressed that the guidance did not restrict their creative process. “I’m a big believer in maintaining the sacredness of the set, where actors have their space, and it should never be violated,” she explained.
Having a female director, Halina Reijn, was key to Kidman’s comfort throughout the project. She admitted that working with a male director would have made the experience much more difficult. “The only way I could do this was with Halina because we would sit and talk about everything, even my most secretive desires,” Kidman shared. “I knew she wouldn’t exploit me.”
Kidman, who is married to country singer Keith Urban and shares two daughters with him, said she discussed the role with her family before accepting it. “When you have a family, there’s an agreement that’s made. I’m asking their permission to let me go into this role,” she explained.
While the role pushed her boundaries, Kidman said the project aligned with her artistic vision. “It’s a story I wanted to be part of, and I was fully committed to telling it,” she said, adding that the film’s script left her both amused and intrigued.
Babygirl is set to bring intense drama to the screen, showcasing Kidman’s commitment to challenging and provocative roles.
No comments:
Post a Comment