Africa’s wealthiest individual, Aliko Dangote, clarified that the residence he occupies whenever he visits Nigeria’s Federal Capital Territory is not owned by him but rented. Speaking at a media briefing held at the Dangote Petroleum Refinery in Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos State, on Sunday, July 14, Dangote emphasized his commitment to industrializing Nigeria as the reason he refrains from owning properties abroad.
During the briefing, Dangote disclosed that he previously owned a house in London, which he sold in 1996. He explained that his decision not to own homes in places like London or America is deliberate, aimed at avoiding distractions that might divert his focus from advancing Nigeria’s industrialization goals.
"The reason I don’t have a London or America house is solely because I wanted to focus on industrialization in Nigeria. I figured that if I had those houses, there will be one reason or the other for me to visit those places thereby causing distraction for me. I am very passionate about the Nigeria dream and apart from my Lagos house, I have another one in my home state Kano and a rented one in Abuja,” he elaborated.

No comments:
Post a Comment