Thursday, July 4, 2024

Shaping Afrobeats: Dice Ailes Claims Influence on New Generation


 Nigerian artist Shasha Damilola Alesh, popularly known as Dice Ailes, asserted his influence on the new generation of Afrobeats during a discussion about his latest music video "Dice Baba," released on June 28th.

"I've influenced the new generation of Afrobeats artists, shaping both their sound and fashion. I consider myself one of the GOATS in the game," he stated.

In 2022, CKay, an award-winning artist and music producer who collaborated with Dice Ailes during their tenure at Chocolate City, acknowledged their impact on Afrobeats.

"During my time at CC, Dice Ailes and I pioneered a sound that sparked a new wave in Afrobeats. It's amusing how some now twist the narrative and claim we imitated a sound we originally created," CKay commented.

No comments:

Post a Comment